A set of standard SQL reports have been built to provide the data required to complete Section 4.0 – Library Collections & 5.0 Library Services of the NLC’s Bilbliostat Collect Survey. The Std reports will prompt for your library’s Branch Code and dates as needed. The Std Archive reports will only prompt for date. Because the Std Archive reports reference a library’s specific archive data file, you will need to copy the “Std Archive PAP” reports to a reported named for your library and replace the occurrences of “PAP” in them with the Branch Code for your library.
All dates must be entered in the yyyy/mm/dd format. Since the dates default to a time of midnight, the END date should be run for a day past the period you need the report for. For example, when running one of these reports to pull data for my library from Oct 1, 2011 through Sep 30, 2012. I enter 2011/10/01 for the START date prompt, 2012/10/01 for the END date prompt and PAP for the BRANCHCODE prompt. Once the reports have completed, they should be exported to Excel to be saved and further manipulated.
If you are running reports for a library with archived statistics you will need to run the Std & Std Archive version of each standard report and combine their results for the reporting period. Also be aware that the stats for Koha begin on your 1st live day after conversion. You will need to combine the Koha stats with the appropriate stats from your previous ILS for the time prior to conversion that is within the reporting period.
The reports are:
- Std Checkouts & Renewals by Item Type
- Std Checkouts & Renewals by Collection Code (Be aware that this report will not be as accurate as the Item Type report!)
- Std Archive PAP Checkouts & Renewals by Item Type (Has to be copied & modified with your library’s Branch Code.)
- Std Archive PAP Checkouts & Renewals by Collection Code (Has to be copied & modified with your library’s Branch Code. Be aware that this report will not be as accurate as the Item Type report!)
- Std Count of Items Created by Item Type (If you converted during the reporting period, you may need to run this report starting the day after conversion if your converted items have a Date Acquired/Accessioned of the day you converted.)
- Std Count of Items Deleted by Item Type
- Std Count of Items by Item Type
- Std Count of Patrons by Patron Type (prompts for a expiration date and excludes patrons with an older Expiry Date.)
Please feel free to contact me if you need assistance with these reports.
Andrew “Sherm” Sherman, IT Coordinator, Sump Memorial Library