AGENDA AND NOTICE OF MEETING
of Pioneer Consortium
Phone 605-475-6400, Guest code: 9985762#
Thursday, March 14, 2013
1. Call to Order
a. Pioneer Council members include: Atkinson Public Library, Arapahoe Public Library, Beatrice Public Library, Bennington Public Library, Blue Hill Public Library, Edith Abbott Memorial Library (Grand Island, NE), Hastings Memorial Library (Grant, NE), Hildreth Public Library, Holdrege Area Public Library, Hruska Memorial Public Library (David City, NE), Lincoln City Libraries, St. Paul Library, South Sioux City Public Library, Stromsburg Public Library, Sump Library (Papillion, NE), Superior Public Library, Valparaiso Public Library, Western Nebraska Community College Library
2. Open Meetings Law Notice
3. Roll Call
4. Approval of Minutes from March 1 Pioneer Council special meeting for budget discussion*
Note: With the change to using the Executive Council for ongoing business, as of May, 2012, the Pioneer Council approves minutes from previous Pioneer Council meetings.
5. Acceptance of Treasurer’s Report
6. Committee Reports
a. Membership Committee
b. Technical Committee report
i. Description of prioritized development. A spreadsheet is attached to the email packet showing the list of proposed development and what is prioritized for the Pioneer fiscal year that begins on May 1.
7. Old Business
8. New Business
a. Approval of budget*
i. A spreadsheet is attached to the email packet. Please review the expenditures at the proposed assessment for each library prior to discussion and vote. Discussion of the budget was held on March 1, 2013.
1. Because the Pioneer funds have reasonable contingency at this time, members are not being assessed for contingency.
2. The Nebraska Library Commission is still unsure whether federal funds will be available for grants to support development. Therefore, Pioneer is budgeting for full payment of prioritized development.
3. There is no change in the minimum annual assessment, or in the initial fee that will be charged to libraries joining Pioneer in this fiscal year.
b. Approval of slate of officers*
i. The following slate is proposed: President, Pam Soreide of Holdrege; Vice President, Robin Clark of Sump Memorial Library, Papillion; Secretary, Curtis Brundy of Western Nebraska Community College; Treasurer, Vicki Perrie of Superior.
ii. Pat Leach will serve as immediate past president on the Executive Council.
iii. Officers assume their new roles at the start of the Pioneer fiscal year, May 1, 2013.
iv. Outgoing officers deserve our immense thanks and gratitude—THANKS to Steve Fosselman and Maria Cadwallader.
9. Public Participation
Action items denoted by *
pc: Pioneer Council Members
Posted: March 12, 2013
This meeting will be open to the public. An agenda for the meeting, kept continuously current, is available for public inspection at each of the member libraries of the Pioneer Consortium.