Pioneer Governing Documents
The Pioneer Council is made up of directors from the Pioneer Consortium’s member libraries (or their official alternates). The Pioneer Council meets at least once a year in March for the purpose of electing officers, approving an annual budget, setting the assessment of fees for member libraries, ratifying renewal of the Pioneer Consortium Joint Entity Agreement for the next year, and other Council business. Other meeting are scheduled as needed.
Officers as of March 2021:
- President – Robin Quinn, Grant-Hastings Memorial Library
- Vice President/Membership Committee Chair – Sami Stewart, Valley Public Library
- Secretary – Cicely Douglas, South Sioux City Public Library
- Treasurer/Business Agent – VACANT
These officers comprise the Consortium’s Executive Committee along with:
- Member at Large – Allie Reisig, Western Nebraska Community College Library
- Technical Committee Chairperson – VACANT
The Executive Committee meets as needed to transact ongoing business of the Pioneer Council and to propose recommendations for consideration by the Pioneer Council.
The Technical Committee is comprised of staff designated by each member library to advise the Pioneer Council on technical management issues.
The Membership Committee performs needed non-technical activities that are related to the addition of new members to the Consortium.